ANNOUNCING SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY: Patient Directed Clinical Trials
September 27, 2021
This year the Rising Tide Foundation for Clinical Cancer Research (RTFCCR) is celebrating its 10-year anniversary. In parallel, Swiss Cancer Research (SCR) is having a 30-year celebration. To mark these milestones, we are launching a joint call for proposals to fund a jubilee award. This award seeks to provide funding to support the creation of a patient-directed protocol for a clinical trial on a topic that aligns with the focus areas of RTFCCR and the mission of both organizations.
The purpose of the award is to increase the awareness and show the benefits of having patients involved at an early stage in clinical trial design, with the goal of making a significant difference to cancer patients. Priority will be given to trials proposed by an active patient group having a clinical research question, they would like to take forward to clinical trial.
- Total Budget Available – CHF 800,000 (CHF 400,000 from RTFCCR and CHF 400,000 from SCR)
- Location: Switzerland
- Duration – up to 4 years
Eligibility Criteria (Please see funding guidelines for further details)
- Clinical trials need to be an interventional trial
- Clinical trials are open to all cancer types.
- Open for early stage first in human clinical trials to late-stage clinical trials (Phase 1, 2 and 3) where creation of a patient-initiated protocol is possible.
- Clinical trials should serve patients interests with primary endpoints that seek to provide clinical benefit. Trials should not have biological or translational primary endpoints, but applicants may include secondary non-clinical endpoints
LOI Application Deadline: December 31, 2021, 23:59 CET